Benefits of Joining
At Carpenters Local 1669 we offer competitive benefits that appeal to current and prospective members. In addition to being a part of one of the largest union organizations in North America, highlighted benefits of joining Carpenters Local 1669 include:
- Being a member of an organization of skilled tradespeople who work together with a productive purpose.
- Learning and working with top skilled tradespeople in the construction industry.
- Obtaining an Interprovincial Red Seal in your chosen trade by fulfilling the requirements of the Provincial Apprenticeship standards of school; training and working throughout your registered apprenticeship.
- Applying your skills in an environment that pays appropriate wages and benefits from employers that are building Ontario stronger.
- Providing benefits necessary for you and your family to maintain your health and welfare in today’s demanding economy.
- Working towards a proper pension plan on retirement that will sustain your needs beyond your working years.
- A wide variety of training and upgrading courses and certifications available to members.
- Teaming up with over 500,000 members in Canada and the United States to experience the brotherhood of the Carpenters Union
These are only a few of the benefits that you will be exposed to and enjoy if you meet application criteria and are accepted into the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America- Carpenters Local 1669 family of tradespeople.